Sunday's Message, July 25, 2021 - When We Believe...

Hello Spiritual Family,  

Going from strength to strength (Psalm 84:7) oftentimes, requires moving from seeing, to knowing, to believing.  Take a look below to see how to go from one to the other in the grace of God.  Don't forget to do your homework too!

God Bless


Scripture References & Highlights

Prayer for 2021:  This year will be a year of Light; that Light will shine and darkness will not dispel it. 
In Jesus' Name








Message Scriptures

  • Psalm 116:1-11
    • Key Verses: 6-7
      • Elements of Focus
        1. My Experience
        2. Be Confident
        3. Relax and Rest
    • My Experience
      • There are times when God wants to move us from knowing to believing, that He will not answerour "hows" or "whys"
        • Zechariah - Luke 1:12-20
          • Zechariah asked "how" out of unbelief
        • Mary - Luke 1:26-38
          • Mary asked "how" out of lack of understanding.  Once she got clarity her response was a wholehearted "I'm in", be it unto me.
    • Be Confident - My identity as a daughter
      • Psalm 84:11
        • I won't hold back meaning I will show you my goodness
      • Psalm 46:10
        • know and understand who I am and that I will fight for you
      • Ephesians 2:19-22
        • our identity is in Christ
    • Relax and Rest
      • Psalm 116:6-7
      • Hebrews 4:1-11
        • When we know Him we can enter into His rest


 Nuggets for the Week
  • it is the moving from head knowledge to experiential understanding that is being asked of us
  • There are some scriptures I know because I read them in the Bible (head knowledge).  There are some scriptures in the Bible I know because it's in the Bible AND I've experienced them (experiential understanding)

Reflections
  • When we know, understand, and believe, we're able to do Psalm 116:12-19
  • Homework:  Sit with Holy Spirit and allow Him to show you where He has shown up in your life.  See if you can identify 3 specific ares and what He has been trying to get you to see, know, and believe about Him.


 Key Takeaway for the Body
  • When we're able to move from "I know" to "I believe", there is a confidence and a certaintly in the way a believer carries themself.  Not arrogance, but an assurance we have like "I know like I know" about us.
  • Like Mary, when we come to a place of "knowing" because of understanding, we can rejoice and continue on in our journey with joy
  • Jesus was able to lay His life down because He saw AND understand the bigger picture
  • if we are going to demonstrate the Kingdom of God, we have got to know AND understand the bigger picture


Prayer Time

In your times of prayer this week (9am,12noon, and 6pm) we encourage you to include the following scriptures located below and in the article 7 Verses and 7 Prayers for your Pastor/

Ephesians 1:17-19, 3:16-17

Philippians 1:9-11

Colossians 1:10-12








Worship Highlight  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday's Bible Study, November 30, 2021 - Winnowing Fork/Fan